Help Centre

Help Centre

Can I reclaim UK income tax that has already been deducted from my royalties?

If UK income tax has been deducted from a royalty payment made to you, a Certificate of Deduction of UK Income Tax will be enclosed with the payment. If you are resident in a country that has a tax treaty with the UK, you should be able to reclaim for all or part of the income tax deducted. To make the claim you need to complete and send the relevant form to HM Revenue & Customs. The exact process will depend on whether you are a company or an individual, and where you are resident for tax purposes. For current guidance on the correct procedure for your circumstances please go to:

HMRC Individuals

HMRC Companies

Please note that Cambridge University Press & Assessment cannot refund any tax deducted.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful