Help Centre

Help Centre

What should I do if I have an Australian Business Number (“ABN”), but Australian withholding tax has still been deducted from my royalties?

If you have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and Australian withholding tax has been deducted from your royalties, please report your ABN to the Royalties Department as soon as possible. Providing your ABN will allow us to update our records and ensure that future royalty payments are not subject to withholding tax. You can do this by sending us your ABN code through our Contact Us form. 

To claim a refund for the withholding tax that has already been deducted, you will need to apply directly to the Australian Tax Office. They will guide you through the process and assist you in obtaining the necessary refund.

Please note that Cambridge University Press & Assessment cannot refund any tax deducted.

Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful