Help Centre

Help Centre

I noticed 47% tax has been deducted from my royalties. Why is this?

Under Australian tax rules we are required to deduct Australian withholding tax ("PAYG") from all royalty payments. The Australian Tax Office allows payment without deduction where either you notify us of a valid and active Australian Business Number (ABN), or you make an official declaration. Any ABN provided must be in the same name as documented on your CUP&A contract.


If advising us of a valid and active ABN, please complete Form A or Forms A and B if you are registered for GST.  If you are officially declaring no ABN, please complete the "statement by a supplier" form (links below).

Form A: Author/Editor/Contributor GST Questionnaire

Form B: Cambridge University Press Australia Agreement

Statement by Supplier Form

Once you have filled in the relevant forms, please return these to us digitally through our Contact Us form, or email to


Please note that Cambridge University Press & Assessment cannot refund any tax deducted. To claim a refund for tax deducted, you will need to apply directly to the Australian Tax Office. They can assist you in obtaining any refund/s due.

Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful